Call for Nominations from Book Arts Educators.
The Colophon Club is pleased to announce a grant to a Book Arts Student to attend the CODEX international Book Fair & Symposium in Berkeley, CA, February 10-13, 2013.
The award is $1,000, plus a $225 ticket to attend the symposium.
1. The Colophon Club asks educators to nominate one remarkable student who can benefit form this experience and to write a letter recommending them. The student must be presently studying in a program or in an apprenticeship and demonstrate good writing skills.
The letter must be accompanied by no more than a one page statement of interest from the student along with their CV.
2. The grant is open to students studying book arts, printing, binding, the history of the book, or typography.
3. The deadline for applications is October 15, 2012.
4. The grant will be awarded on or before November 15, 2012.
5. The winner will be asked to write a Final Report for possible publication on their experience at the CODEX Book Fair and Symposium. We would like them to write to on a specific topic of their choice, such as: the fine press exhibitors; the most discussed book at the fair; what the international artists bring to the scene; an inspiring book artist, for example.
If you are interested in going to Codex International Book Fair & Symposium, please send Mimi (email@example.com) a proposal, no longer than one page, clearly articulating your reasons why attending this seminal conference in the book arts will be a benefit to you and your work. The deadline for your proposal is October 1.