3LD Art & Technology Center introduces a new program that will increase daytime cultural activities around the World Trade Center site. The 3LD Media Arts Program (3LD MAP) will exhibit multimedia artworks at 3LD in the Tube (3LD’s iconic lobby) and in the street level windows.
Exhibitions will be open to the public and free of charge. Pedestrians passing by will be able to enjoy interactive media art displayed through 3LD’s curved glass façade and will be invited to slip into the lobby for further media and sound exhibitions. Curated by 3-Legged Dog Media and Theater Group, our interactive media art program will be focused on artists who carry on the traditions of risk taking and boundary pushing aesthetics while experimenting with and creating innovative technology.
This program is for digital and media artists who have work ready to be shown to the public and is generally self contained. Your exhibition can be shown from the street only through our windows, or can be installed in the Tube (our lobby) to be open to the public during the day, as well as during the performances of our other resident artists. Exhibitions lengths range from 2 – 4 weeks. We work within a cooperative exhibition model. This means:
- Projects must be self-producing.
- 3LD offers technical and development consultations, but will not offer any commissions or human resources.
- 3LD will assist with press and promote your work on our website, eblasts and brochures, but not provide further marketing or advertising.
- 3LD will only be able to provide equipment based on availability.
- 3LD will not provide a full-time gallery docent and gallery hours will be determined for each exhibition.
- The Tube (lobby of 3LD) can be equipped for video projection or freestanding artworks.
- The 20’x11’ windows of 3LD also have a long 3’x18’ frosted panel to show video projections which can be seen from the street.
- Artists will retain 90% of the proceeds from any sales of their work.
To apply for an exhibition slot you are required to submit the following via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. CD/DVD will also be accepted. Please do not submit paper.
- Brief Bio of company or primary artist
- Contact information including, name, phone, email and URL
- Brief Project Description of your work or exhibition.
- Work sample DVD, CD or URL of the work or exhibition. If your work is still being developed please provide conceptual sketches or any visuals from previous related work.
- Budget for the Project
If you are interested in using our studios to develop new work at 3LD, please apply to our “NEW RESIDENCY PROGRAM NAME”.