I wanted to touch bases to let you know that we’ve been having great success with readership of the Intearts Blog (which subsequently feeds to our Facebook page) – and I wanted to make sure that you knew that you are very welcome to send announcements, opportunities, and press releases regarding student, alumni and faculty news that we will publish! What should you tell us about?
- Are you having an exhibition, magazine article, conference presentation, artwork acquisition, residency, promotion, or other professional event? Whether you’re a current student, alumni or a faculty member – if its CV’able, we want to announce it to the world.
- Do you know a student or alumni who is having an event, recently won a competition, had an exhibition, residency, new position, award or honor? Even if its not your press release, let us know about it and tell us who to contact and we will work to get the news out there.
If you have a press release, here’s what to do:
• Send an email to Paul Catanese (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Jenny Garnett (Jenny.Garnett@loop.colum.edu)
• Email Subject line should read: please post on interarts blog
• In the email, please use the following guidelines:
POST TITLE: (Include a 5 to 15 word title for the post)
BODY OF POST: (Press releases should be narrative in form, information double-checked, include relevant times, locations, bios, etc. Looks better when you take the time to write at least 50 words minimum, 250 words is fantastic, though longer posts are accepted)
CONTACT: If the story requires follow-up, please indicate how & who to contact.
IMAGES: Images can be included. Attach them to your email, (JPG, 72DPI, 500pixels wide preferred) – but we will do the resizing if you cannot.
PDFS: we can link to a PDF, just attach it to the email.
Sending a PDF poster and having us extract the information. We might make mistakes; this costs a lot of time, can really slow down the posting of your information
PLEASE DO NOT
Please don’t send over 4 MB attachments
Please don’t send a sentence fragment and expect it to be turned into a press release immediately. We can, and will, write press releases, but since it can slow down the process dramatically, we prefer you write your own press releases.
REGARDING POSTING VIDEO & AUDIO
These formats can be published & linked – and are _very_ welcome! Contact Paul & Jenny for more details about how to post these types of media.
If you have any questions, please let us know!
Looking forward to hearing from you-