- How Can We Prevent the “Cradle-to-Prison Pipeline That Damages the Lives of Many Young African-American and Latino Men?”
- Columbia College Chicago Exhibition: Wood Works
- Jazz Legend Lee Konitz Joins Chicago Virtuosos Corky Siegel, Orbert Davis and Other Noted Artists to Honor Legacy of William Russo
- Columbia College Chicago Exhibition: The Tyranny of Good Taste
- Friends of the Library Signature Showcase: An Evening with Laurence Minsky
ShopColumbia to Host 4th Annual Holiday Market
SHOPCOLUMBIA TO HOST 4th ANNUAL HOLIDAY MARKET
Successful Student-Powered Shop Showcases Work For Unique Holiday Shopping
WHAT: This holiday season ShopColumbia will host its 4th Annual Holiday Market featuring Columbia College Chicago student and alumni artists. The Market will take over the entire first floor of 623 S. Wabash Avenue from December 6th through December 8th. A wide variety of products will be available for sale, such as clothing, accessories, fine art, music, housewares, book and paper goods and much, much more.
Not only is this the perfect place for holiday shopping, but you’ll also meet the artists behind the work! Students and alumni will feature their collections amidst a curated fine art exhibition in the Hokin Gallery. ShopColumbia will also host themed mini-boutiques within the Shop for the Environmentalist, Art Lover, Fashionista, Bookworm and more…
Shoppers will be welcomed with a reception of warm beverages and sweet holiday treats on Thursday, December 6th from 5-8pm.
WHEN: Thursday, December 6th, 5-8 (reception)
Friday, December 7th 11-5
Saturday, December 8th 11-5
WHERE: 623 S Wabash Avenue, Hokin Gallery, Lobby and ShopColumbia (entire first floor)
ShopColumbia, Columbia College Chicago’s student art boutique, supports over 300 students and alumni by providing a vibrant, professional environment in which to market and sell their work. Since opening its doors in 2008, ShopColumbia artists have earned almost $200,000 in sales. Proceeds also support student scholarships. Shopping could not be any more convenient or unique! If you can’t stop by, buy online: shop.colum.edu.
Posted on 28.11.2012
Post by Media Relations Assistant