- How Can We Prevent the “Cradle-to-Prison Pipeline That Damages the Lives of Many Young African-American and Latino Men?”
- Columbia College Chicago Exhibition: Wood Works
- Jazz Legend Lee Konitz Joins Chicago Virtuosos Corky Siegel, Orbert Davis and Other Noted Artists to Honor Legacy of William Russo
- Columbia College Chicago Exhibition: The Tyranny of Good Taste
- Friends of the Library Signature Showcase: An Evening with Laurence Minsky
The Beauty In Machines
THE BEAUTY IN MACHINES
Columbia College Chicago’s Glass Curtain Gallery Showcases Art in the Age of Machines and Technology
WHAT: Contemporary new media artists take center stage as the Glass Curtain Gallery at Columbia College Chicago presents “Machinations: Kinetic Sculpture in the Age of Open Source.” The exhibit features works by a cast of tinkerers, hackers and inventors utilizing and re-contextualizing technologies to create works of art that illuminate the magic behind the machine.
The exhibit features a group of artists and experimentalists who share and create with a communal spirit, seeking to change the perception of what is possible by using technology as an extension of the human hand. Participating artists include Daniel Jay Bertner, Jeremy Boyle, Stephen Cartwright, Paul Catanese, Paul Granjon, Theo Jansen, Joseph Morris, Anat Pollack, Chris Reilly, Randy Sarafan and Pencil Studios (Sabrina Raaf and Travis Saul).
WHEN: Exhibition dates: Sept. 6 – Nov. 3
Sept. 6, 5-8 p.m. in conjunction with Columbia’s ArtCrawl
WHERE: Glass Curtain Gallery,
1104 S. Michigan Ave., 1st Floor
INFO: 312-369-6643 or www.colum.edu/Student_Life/DEPS/glass-curtain-gallery/index.php
COST: The exhibit is free and open to the public.
Columbia College Chicago is an urban institution that offers innovative degree programs in the visual, performing, media and communication arts to nearly 12,000 students in more than 120 undergraduate and graduate programs. An arts and media college committed to a rigorous liberal arts curriculum, Columbia is dedicated to opportunity and excellence in higher education. For further information, visit www.colum.edu.
Posted on 2.08.2012
Post by Media Relations Assistant