- How Can We Prevent the “Cradle-to-Prison Pipeline That Damages the Lives of Many Young African-American and Latino Men?”
- Columbia College Chicago Exhibition: Wood Works
- Jazz Legend Lee Konitz Joins Chicago Virtuosos Corky Siegel, Orbert Davis and Other Noted Artists to Honor Legacy of William Russo
- Columbia College Chicago Exhibition: The Tyranny of Good Taste
- Friends of the Library Signature Showcase: An Evening with Laurence Minsky
Tween/Teen Campers Perform at House of Blues
TWEEN/TEEN CAMPERS PERFORM AT HOUSE OF BLUES
Blues Musicians Ages 10-18 End Camp on a High Note at Legendary Chicago Venue
WHAT: Media are invited to watch more than 100 student musicians, ages 10-18, perform at the famous House of Blues Chicago for their family, friends and the public on Friday. The showcase performance ends the annual Blues Kids Summer Camp at Columbia College Chicago.
The past year, students auditioned via video tape and in person around the U.S. to attend the week-long Blues Kids camp and play America’s root music in the middle of the blues capital of the world. Blues Camp creator, performer and Columbia College music instructor Fernando Jones, teaches campers about the blues and rehearses with them throughout the week with special guest performers and professional mentors. Videos of rehearsals early in the week are posted here.
WHERE: Crossroads Stage at House of Blues Chicago, 329 North Dearborn Street
WHEN: July 20, 1 – 4 p.m.
WHO: More than 100 young singers and musicians, ages 11-18, as well as Columbia College adjunct faculty member Fernando Jones, the camp’s creator.
Interviews before and after the concert:
- Student musicians
- Fernando Jones, Columbia College Music Department instructor
- Parents of students in the camp
Columbia College Chicago is an urban institution that offers innovative degree programs in the visual, performing, media and communication arts to nearly 12,000 students in over 120 undergraduate and graduate programs. An arts and media college committed to a rigorous liberal arts curriculum, Columbia is dedicated to opportunity and excellence in higher education. For further information, visit www.colum.edu.
Posted on 18.07.2012
Post by Erin Purdy