• Cinema Art and Science - Cinema Directing, MFA

Alex Allen

I'm a second-year cinema directing student and came to Columbia after graduating from the University of Colorado in Boulder. I like to make genre mashups and play around with genre conventions.

• Interdisciplinary Arts and Media, MFA

America Salomon

I'm a second-year MFA student in the Interdisciplinary Arts & Media program. More recently, my artistic practice has been informed by research and exploration of new media fields.

• Creative Writing Nonfiction MFA

Andrew Krzak

I like to write and draw. I produce a radio show at a local station on the South Side. You can't pronounce my surname.

• Business and Entrepreneurship - Master of Arts Management

Brittani Alston

After receiving my Bachelor's degree in Music Merchandising at Lewis University, I came Columbia to build my business background. My most anticipated project for this year is getting involved with Start Up Weekends in Chicago, powered by Google.

• Colleen McCulla

I’m a first year Interdisciplinary Book & Paper MFA student. In my recent body of work I’ve created and shared one handmade collage on social media every day since December of 2012.

• Photography MFA

Danielle Owensby

Hello! I'm Danielle, a second year student in the Photography MFA program. I graduated from Michigan State University and jumped right into graduate school in 2015. My work focuses on trauma and memory.

• Creative Writing – Poetry, MFA

David Fairbanks

This is my first year in the Poetry MFA program. I live in Lincoln Square and work as a writer when I’m not busy teaching or being a TA.

• Journalism MA

Elaine Rojas-Castillo

I am a first year student in the Journalism MA program. I can’t wait to immerse myself in the field and finally begin my dream career.

• Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling, MA

Jessica Lochte

I am a second-year in the Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling MA program. I am originally from Germany and have been living in Chicago since July 2014.

• Music Composition for the Screen, MFA

Katrina Zemrak

I’m a first-year student in the Music Composition for the Screen MFA program. I composed for more than 30 films during my time as an undergrad at Columbia.

• Creative Writing - Fiction MFA

Sara Cutaia

Hi, I'm Sara, a second year Fiction graduate student at Columbia College working on my collection of short stories that revolve around the theme of family bonds. I'm originally from Texas and I've lived in Chicago since Aug '15.

Sarah James

After finishing my undergraduate degrees in Film Production and Film Studies at the University of Georgia, I came to Columbia to pursue a MFA in Creative Producing. I am looking forward to sharing all of my experiences, trials and tribulations with y'all!

Past Bloggers