• Business & Entrepreneurship, MAM

Amanda Gatt

I’m a second-year in the MAM program at Columbia College Chicago. I have a musical background (French horn player) and aspire to start a career as an orchestra manager.

• Interdisciplinary Arts & Media MFA

BJ Allen

I’m a third-year student in the Interdisciplinary Arts & Media MFA program. I find inspiration in a wide variety of areas—from my emotions and my neighborhood to… particle physics. And politics.

• Creative Writing - Fiction MFA

Courtney Zellars

I received my BA in Print Journalism, but realized I preferred stories I can ethically manipulate to the cold, hard facts and rigidity of print news.

• Creative Writing – Poetry, MFA

David Fairbanks

This is my first year in the Poetry MFA program. I live in Lincoln Square and work as a writer when I’m not busy teaching or being a TA.

• Journalism MA

Elaine Rojas-Castillo

I am a first year student in the Journalism MA program. I can’t wait to immerse myself in the field and finally begin my dream career.

• Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling, MA

Jessica Lochte

I am a second-year in the Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling MA program. I am originally from Germany and have been living in Chicago since July 2014.

• Music Composition for the Screen, MFA

Katrina Zemrak

I’m a first-year student in the Music Composition for the Screen MFA program. I composed for more than 30 films during my time as an undergrad at Columbia.

• Photography, MFA

Whit Forrester

I am a second-year student in the Photography MFA program. My current work focuses on the relationship that we have to the natural world within our built environments.

Past Bloggers