The Penultimate Post

The Penultimate Post

bristol renaissance faire

Bristol Renaissance Faire

When I first arrived in Chicago two years ago my good friend and cohort member Ethan Chambers told me I should check out the Bristol Renaissance Fair. He said it would be the coolest thing I did while living in Chicago. Okay, he may not have said that exactly, and I may not have believed him. I’m from a small town where fairs are the common practice, but I never imagined a real life, fairy-tale village in the middle of a forest!

6175788968646278178

Talk about a poets dream and it definitely ended up being one of the best memories I have of Chicago! Read my penultimate (poets, you should know this word) post as I recap all the other amazing things I have done in Chicago, and the potentially other cool things you can enjoy too!

Check out the amazing and reputable Joffrey Ballet. I had the opportunity of seeing the Nut Cracker last year at the Auditorium Theater, and it was a wonderful show!

stagepanoramafinal

This is also where Commencement was held!

See the bean in Millennium Park or watch a movie there! Oh and there is an amazing new Maggie Daley Park with a climbing wall for the adventurous soul! Maybe you’re a Lollapalooza fan too?!

Bean Panorama-L
Check out a beach, any of them! If you ever make it up to Evanston you should see their beach for a more secluded spot! (Date in the park anyone?)

The beginning of a nature sculpture at the beach in Evanston!

Speaking of Evanston see one of the Wonders of Illinois! It’s definitely worth the trip, even to see the beautiful homes!

The Ba Hai Temple

The Ba Hai Temple

Also, if you are into spirituality, there is an amazing company called Gonglab that performs Tibetan gong baths in the Evanston area!

Maybe a night out for the Opera?!

opera_chicago

Maybe a night out for Broadway? I saw Sting’s first musical The Last Ship, and it was one of the most memorable nights of my life!
Into magic? There is an amazing Magic Show at the The Palmer House.

Palmer-House

The Chicago Symphony Orchestra anyone?

Explore the different neighborhoods, and get an impromptu tour of China Town!

Learning about all of the gardens hidden away in China Town.

See the Chicago Botanic Garden outside the city!

See the Garfield Park Conservatory inside the city!
IMG_2418 (1)
Oh and order a Bahn Mi sandwich asap!! Don’t know what that is? You’ll find out soon enough!

Okay! Okay! I think that gives you a small taste of the amazing adventures to be had in Chicago! I can’t wait to find out what you will do!