The Latest Batch | Part One

The Latest Batch | Part One

I did it last year. Producers had to introduce themselves by means of a film that somehow represents some part of them. It was groundbreaking and by far my most socially engaging piece; it did 4 Facebook likes, and like 6 tweets. I can’t overstate how proud I am. Now that we’re into our second year, Columbia has welcomed the younger models. It follows suit that I introduce them to you. With no further delay, here’s the first five:

#1: TOY MONIQUE | Chicago, IL

Film: Love Ranch

“I liken the entrepreneurial relationship between the couple in the film to many in my own life. I see much of the governing style and subdued power in Helen Mirren’s character in myself. Let’s be clear, it’s not my favorite film of all time, but it is definitely representative of who I am and how I approach much of life.”

#2: ANDREW ZIMMERMAN | Mokena, IL.

Film: Bottle Rocket

“Who hasn’t wanted to be involved in a master heist, and feel the rush of a robbery paired with the companionship of your closest friends? The relationships I have with my pals and the exploits and adventures we go on, no matter how dumb, mean the world to me.”

#3: TAYLOR ‘JIGGY’ EPPS | Celina, TX

Film: Le Charme Discret de la Bourgeoisie

“Buñuel goes for it. Anything great should be as interesting and confusing to watch as this. Movies that provoke strong reactions are among my favorites. They should give us a bit of the ultra violet.”

#4: KATIE SPONSELLER | North Canton, OH

Film: Spirited Away

“I have lived with a lot of doubt whether it is in myself or from people underestimating me because I’m too small, too young, or because I am a girl. Spirited Away is the story of Chihiro, an underestimated young girl that makes great changes. I want to be a game-changer.”

#5: KEITH MORRIS | Topeka, KS

Film: Rosewood

“It leaves a sense of horror, outrage, and a longing for equality. John Singleton captures the truth of what really happened in this 1923 massacre, yet its themes of race & culture still resonate true to society today.”

Welcome, guys. Lately us second-years have been talking about what we’d say if we met our counterparts from one year ago. Mostly it makes for squinted eyes and curious head tilts. Lauren cradled her head in her hands, thought about it a minute, and said ‘I’m not really having a good day, so I don’t think now is the best time to ask me.’ Javi said he would slap himself. Our advice to you; take a long hard look at yourself, it’s all about to change. Next time readers, meet the rest of the producers.