Marginalia, Graduate Blog

A Summer of Celebrations

Jenn Tatum

The Newlyweds!

The Newlyweds!

The past few weeks have been filled with celebration and good news.

On June 6th I celebrated with my friends Wes and Gavin. They got married!  We celebrated at their home with their family and friends, delicious homemade snacks, and one of the tastiest wedding cakes I’ve ever had. Congratulations Wes and Gavin! I am so happy for you.

A Most Delicious Cake

A Most Delicious Cake

A week later, my aunt came into town and we celebrated my recent graduation with dinner, drinks, and a show at The Second City. We saw a new show that has only been running for a week or so, A Clown Car Name Desire, and it was hilarious–my side hurt from laughing so hard the entire time. If you’re looking for something to do this summer, swing on by The Second City for a show!

Before the Show

Before the Show

And, twenty cover letters and applications later, I am employed! I am the new Department Assistant for the Leadership, Language and Curriculum Department at DePaul University. I am excited about the job, about working at DePaul, and about not having to write another cover letter for a while. The new job fits nicely with the employment experience that I already have in administrative support, editorial management, and event coordination.  I’m looking forward to supporting the graduate students in the program and for the opportunity to work with the College of Education at DePaul.

Cake Cutting!

Cake Cutting!

So, the summer is off to a celebratory start.  I’m excited to start my new job, I’m so happy for Wes and Gavin, and I’m thankful to have spent some time with my aunt and see my first show at The Second City. Cheers to an excellent start to the summer!

A Summer of Celebrations

The past few weeks have been filled with celebration and good news. On June 6th I celebrated with my friends Wes and Gavin. They got married!  We celebrated at their …

Creative Writing - Nonfiction MFA Jenn Tatum, jtatumcotamagana@colum.edu
600 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60605

The Graduate Experience