The End (of the Semester/of my MFA)

The End (of the Semester/of my MFA)

As I write this I’m on the train heading home after a crazy day at work. It’s warm and I’m looking forward to hanging with Em and Elliot, followed by a nice long jog tonight, followed by mad men catch-up and some writing.

Em and I are also in the process of looking for a new apartment. Em and Elliot and I went hunting for places in Logan Square, though we ended up hanging at the park for quite awhile. It’s kind of a scramble right now, but we got some viewings on Thursday and Saturday. We’re hoping to have this all figured out by the end of the weekend. Ugh: Wish us luck.

And there’s so much more going on:

I’m done with my coursework, which is good, but I have a bunch going on at work to wrap up this semester, plan for the summer and fall, and even some training to do. And my family starts coming into town for graduation. And Em and I have to pack up our things (which luckily isn’t that much because our place is fully furnished, but means that when we move we will only have our clothes, books, DVDs, toys, juicer, mattress, and tiny desk. Ikea? Thrift Store? Yes! I’m actually looking forward to this. Sometimes there’s really good stuff second hand. I once found a half stack tube amp for like 50 bucks at a Value Village in B’ham, but I didn’t have 50 bucks and my friend bought it. Our current apartment is furnished entirely with second hand stuff). And I got this blog to post, of course.

I got everything ready for commencement and Manifest, but I still feel that frenzy of doubt–what did I forget?

So yeah, things are cray-cray and I just remembered that I have to grade seventeen papers. I have a lot to do.

But, I’ll be posting on here all summer. And of course, I’ll be around campus and Chicago all summer, so maybe I’ll see you.

Till next time…