SLAC is currently accepting applications for its residency program. SLAC, The South Logan Arts Coalition, is a facilitator between the owners of empty storefronts and artists from the Logan Square area.
Our goals are:
- To award local artists free (or nearly free) work studios.
- Improve the appearance of blighted stretches of Armitage and Milwaukee Avenues.
- Give artists increased visibility through promoted open studio events and studio visits from curators and established artists.
You, the artist, will be awarded a studio space, rent free, in one of several vacant Logan Square properties. The size of the studio and length of the residency may vary from one month to 90 days. Artists are responsible for a portion of utilities and a refundable deposit.
Artists will have the opportunity to host open studios and to use their space to both make and showcase their work. SLAC will publicize open studio events and arrange for studio visits with local artists and curators. SLAC will not take a percentage of any sales that may occur.
To apply for a storefront studio, candidates must:
- Live in the Logan Square neighborhood.
- Not be enrolled in a degree granting school of art or institution.
- Demonstrate, through past work and future plans, a commitment to making art a lifetime career.
Send us your CV (as a pdf), artist statement (pdf), 10 images ( jpeg format, no larger than 2MB), proof of address, and tell us about your space needs/ how you plan to use the space (limit 300 words).
Please put “Your Last Name Proposal” in the subject line of the email.
DEADLINE: We accept submissions on a rolling basis, however priority will be given to submissions received before February 1st, 2013.